Online Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Want To Be A Fu**ing Online Fighter?

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OFC Gaming league can now be found at www.ofcleague.com. This website is now a MMA News and Resource site, please bookmark www.mma-resource.com.

Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions

Go down 
+8
xX-Frankie-Xx
JoeSilva
never_tap
DTF_ADED7
Bearded Kongo
John Stamos
OC
Rizzo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :
Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Right_bar_bleue

Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I received an idea today to create another league to incorporate a WEC theme into the league which got me thinking about the lack of quality fighters we constantly face in the league due to growth so here is my idea

Instead of adding in a new league, I will take two of the current divisions and recycle the fighters into 2 new divisions, the ones listed above. For example I would use the WW and LW fighters again but make them available for the two other classes. I dont see any negatives to this besides increased people having the same dude in their avatars but thats more my headache then anyone elses.

So since LHW has the most quality fighters Im going to open it as the FW division and the LW division again as the BW division. Anyone who wants to switch to the new classes may do so regardless of contract situation!

Bantamweight is open for claims, I will release the FW division once this division fills up

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ofc-league.com
OC
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
OC

WARNING :
Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Love the idea
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:38 pm

That seems like a lot members using the same fighter. It might get kind of confusing. Like someone already grabbed BW Sean Sherk so now we have 3 Sherks in the OFC. Thats a lot of Sherks. And steroids. Maybe you should just make fighters available who arent already in 2 weight classes. For instance Sherk, Penn, Serra, etc would not qualify for BW because they are in LW and WW. But Diaz, Stevenson, Florian, etc, could be in BW because they are currently only in 1 division (LW).
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:40 pm

John Stamos wrote:
That seems like a lot members using the same fighter. It might get kind of confusing. Like someone already grabbed BW Sean Sherk so now we have 3 Sherks in the OFC. Thats a lot of Sherks. And steroids. Maybe you should just make fighters available who arent already in 2 weight classes. For instance Sherk, Penn, Serra, etc would not qualify for BW because they are in LW and WW. But Diaz, Stevenson, Florian, etc, could be in BW because they are currently only in 1 division (LW).

Yeah but then that limits the division is the only problem. Its a huge game with thousands of people playing it, we just have to continue to evolve to make our league available to as many people as possible and this is the best idea Ive heard yet for it. This is why Im only opening one division instead of two to see how it goes
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:41 pm

yeah I definitely agree with the 1 division at a time thing. I guess how fast it fills up might depend on how many people get booted this week lol.....
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:43 pm

John Stamos wrote:
yeah I definitely agree with the 1 division at a time thing. I guess how fast it fills up might depend on how many people get booted this week lol.....

well if ya noticed round 1 is pretty much done all of a sudden Wink
Back to top Go down
Bearded Kongo
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Bearded Kongo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm

an easy way to tell which one is which is just put it in their avatar, for example sherk #1s avatar has a sherk pic and it says WW, #2 has an avatar that says LW and #3 has one that says BW, then its easy to know which sherk he is or which sherk ur looking for
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Admin wrote:
John Stamos wrote:

well if ya noticed round 1 is pretty much done all of a sudden Wink

Cuz you scared the shit out of everybody lol. It's definitely what was needed! sadly I still don't have an opponent in Rd 2 tho. If they don't show up, instead of just advancing people you should let an alternate step in to fight. No reason those dudes shouldn't get a chance.

Sorry, BW and FW discussion back on......
Back to top Go down
Bearded Kongo
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Bearded Kongo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:49 pm

just listen to my post lol
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Cheick Kongo wrote:
just listen to my post lol

good idea Ill let you be in charge of making them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bearded Kongo
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Bearded Kongo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 pm

fuck that ask some1 whos actualy good with photo editing
Back to top Go down
Bearded Kongo
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Bearded Kongo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 pm

and who isnt lazy as fuck lol
Back to top Go down
DTF_ADED7
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt
DTF_ADED7

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 pm

im good with avatar and photo editing, i wudnt mind doing the avatar editing ive done kongos sig pics both of them so thats a sample of my work.
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Admin wrote:
John Stamos wrote:

Yeah but then that limits the division is the only problem. Its a huge game with thousands of people playing it, we just have to continue to evolve to make our league available to as many people as possible and this is the best idea Ive heard yet for it. This is why Im only opening one division instead of two to see how it goes

Just wanted to add that if we added the FW and BW CAF's to the BW division it might not be limited. We could add Faber, Pulver, Torres, Bowles, Aldo, Mike Brown, etc. None of them are going to be competing in FW anyway because FW is going to be all 205 lbs fighters....
Back to top Go down
never_tap
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 pm

i gave admin the idea and i meant what you are saying stamos like CAFS for FW and BW like for for FW pulver , brown , faber , Joe Warren , Kid Yamomoto (so it will be WEC and Dream fighters) and BW: Torres , Bowles , Mizugaki
Back to top Go down
JoeSilva
Admin
JoeSilva

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm

never_tap wrote:
i gave admin the idea and i meant what you are saying stamos like CAFS for FW and BW like for for FW pulver , brown , faber , Joe Warren , Kid Yamomoto (so it will be WEC and Dream fighters) and BW: Torres , Bowles , Mizugaki

i think your idea is better than what were doing. why not just make a wec and put all wec guys in it? it would obviously be caf only, then we dont have to worry about 7 sean sherks.

that or change the tof into pride and open all weightclasses.
Back to top Go down
xX-Frankie-Xx
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm

JoeSilva wrote:
never_tap wrote:

i think your idea is better than what were doing. why not just make a wec and put all wec guys in it? it would obviously be caf only, then we dont have to worry about 7 sean sherks.

that or change the tof into pride and open all weightclasses.

I Agree
Back to top Go down
never_tap
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:43 pm

no i say keep TOF but make WEC its own thing or just add the weight classes to the regular OFC i want WEC and Dream guys though
Back to top Go down
rahliE
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
rahliE

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 pm

never-tap thats a great idea imo, but a lotta ppl are gonna want to use reg fighters instead of CAF's i think
Back to top Go down
xSiCaRx
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
xSiCaRx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah, CAFs take a lot of work... I can make, without a problem, people like Torres, Faber (Already done), Brown, Pulver (Already done), Aldo, KID... But don't tell me to make stats for Fredson Paixao, Joe Warren or Dominick Cruz... Just because I couldn't see much of them and I don't think there's a lot of videos of them in youtube as they are unknown for most MMA fans xDD
Back to top Go down
JoeSilva
Admin
JoeSilva

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 pm

were on the verge of being the best league on the internet. i think we should tread carefully before expanding like mad. just my two cents admin.
Back to top Go down
never_tap
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 pm

i know but if we do it just like we did the expansion and study the fighters i can help with Joe Warren a lot and i can help with findind stats i just think it would be better
Back to top Go down
xXhyper_sniperXx
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt
xXhyper_sniperXx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 am

this is pretty cool
now my friends can the fighters they want in LW or WW
Back to top Go down
Izzykoopa
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Izzykoopa

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 am

JoeSilva wrote:
were on the verge of being the best league on the internet. i think we should tread carefully before expanding like mad.
I agree. I mean this place is growing pretty quickly yes. and it would be good to accomidate the new players. But at the same time it could get really really chaotic in here.
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 am

JoeSilva wrote:
were on the verge of being the best league on the internet. i think we should tread carefully before expanding like mad. just my two cents admin.

I agree, thats why just one weightclass for now I think that will set us up good for the time being!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions   Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Featherweight and Bantamweight Divisions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Online Fighting Championship :: Forum Archives :: Season I Archive-
Jump to: