Online Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Want To Be A Fu**ing Online Fighter?

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OFC Gaming league can now be found at www.ofcleague.com. This website is now a MMA News and Resource site, please bookmark www.mma-resource.com.

Changes to the League

Go down 
+12
xSiCaRx
cant_win420
Izzys Ball Sac
GSP_wnage
Bearded Kongo
Izzykoopa
Timaobjj
J-RoC-2.0
Chriscanuck
xZuGx
Lil_Copper
Rizzo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GSP_wnage
BANNED
GSP_wnage

WARNING :
Changes to the League - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Changes to the League - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Changes to the League - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

You are also a freak of nature with MT/BJJ
Back to top Go down
J-RoC-2.0
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
J-RoC-2.0

WARNING :
Changes to the League - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Changes to the League - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

So let me get this straight, if i go to LHW and pick Nakumara as my fighter, i face the champ who is champbreed right now with Rashad, i can use Rampage. And When i win, i defend my belt against whoever has Anderson Silva, i can use Rampage/Rashad to face him? So is it best to pick the lowest fighter in the weight division and exploit the shit out of the system? Because when im down with GSP im picking Eddie Sanchez or Nakumara.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dime770mma
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 pm

J-RoC-2.0 wrote:
So let me get this straight, if i go to LHW and pick Nakumara as my fighter, i face the champ who is champbreed right now with Rashad, i can use Rampage. And When i win, i defend my belt against whoever has Anderson Silva, i can use Rampage/Rashad to face him? So is it best to pick the lowest fighter in the weight division and exploit the shit out of the system? Because when im down with GSP im picking Eddie Sanchez or Nakumara.

Its not really exploiting it just gives people opportunities to use other fighters and really is to benefit those who may normally be stuck with a crap fighter otherwise. FIghting someone as good as you with someone as bad as a marcus davis just isnt very fair lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ofc-league.com
xSiCaRx
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
xSiCaRx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm

But damn, I like to watch at stats of fighters and think what I can do with the strengths of the fighter I have to exploit the the weaknesses his fighter has.

Obviously, the guy with the worst fighter has the advantage, because he can choose a bad matchup for the other guy's fighter and he's actually gonna be able to create a gameplan while his opponent is gonna be just wondering who he's gonna choose.
Back to top Go down
Izzykoopa
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Izzykoopa

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 am

xSiCaRx wrote:
But damn, I like to watch at stats of fighters and think what I can do with the strengths of the fighter I have to exploit the the weaknesses his fighter has.

Obviously, the guy with the worst fighter has the advantage, because he can choose a bad matchup for the other guy's fighter and he's actually gonna be able to create a gameplan while his opponent is gonna be just wondering who he's gonna choose.
Thats what im saying
Back to top Go down
Hulkster311
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Hulkster311

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 am

I am not happy about the change but oh well. I think what is most fun about this league is I actually fight people who aren't using rampage, gsp, or Mir unlike ranked fights. I also like trying to win with a somewhat subpar fighter in Werdum. Actually I firmly believe Werdum is the number 2 ranked HW in the world and a legitimate opponent for Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 am

xSiCaRx wrote:

Well you can always use someone else in those cases as well and they still wont be able to use your guy
Back to top Go down
xSiCaRx
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
xSiCaRx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm

And how does that go? I choose someone, just worse than my fighter or someone worse than his fighter?
Back to top Go down
Hulkster311
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Hulkster311

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:30 pm

I hate this rule big time, it takes away the coolness of sparring. Now, I don't even know who to prepare for. This shit is dumb. I don't know if I am going to stick this out very long. I understand why it is being done but this just lowers the coolness of the league. Yes, you have to take your lumps in this league while you wait for a good fighter, but that's just how it goes. If you want to make it fair you could rank everybody, ask everybody there style preference, and then just assign everybody fighters where best fighters go to the worst players. This would keep it more competitive and it would be fun.

I like the way this league worked. I find out my opponent. I try to find some people who have played him to get advice. I then spar with whoever can help me prepare for that character. Now I might as well just go back to ranked matches because who knows what character I'll be fighting.
Back to top Go down
Izzykoopa
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Izzykoopa

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 pm

When does this go in effect?
Back to top Go down
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 pm

hulkster311 wrote:
I hate this rule big time, it takes away the coolness of sparring. Now, I don't even know who to prepare for. This shit is dumb. I don't know if I am going to stick this out very long. I understand why it is being done but this just lowers the coolness of the league. Yes, you have to take your lumps in this league while you wait for a good fighter, but that's just how it goes. If you want to make it fair you could rank everybody, ask everybody there style preference, and then just assign everybody fighters where best fighters go to the worst players. This would keep it more competitive and it would be fun.

I like the way this league worked. I find out my opponent. I try to find some people who have played him to get advice. I then spar with whoever can help me prepare for that character. Now I might as well just go back to ranked matches because who knows what character I'll be fighting.

Fair enough assessment and I agree with you so please read the ammendment to the rule!
Back to top Go down
xSiCaRx
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
xSiCaRx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Still, Admin, can you please answer this?

xSiCaRx wrote:
And how does that go? I choose someone, just worse than my fighter or someone worse than his fighter?
Back to top Go down
daniel day lewis
OFC Blue Belt
OFC Blue Belt
daniel day lewis

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 pm

sicar has a good question, is there a higher seed and lower seed or are we going by records?
Back to top Go down
Izzykoopa
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Izzykoopa

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:57 pm

George Bu$h wrote:
sicar has a good question, is there a higher seed and lower seed or are we going by records?
Whoever has the higher overall fighter uses him, whoever has a lower overall gets to choose someone new....so Jroc as GSP will always have to be GSP
Back to top Go down
EzekelRAGE
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 pm

I dont see a problem with the rule. Say I have GSP ovr 94 and my opponent ended up with an ovr 79 guy. He would then be able to switch with ne1 94 and below. I think u have to match ur opponents ORIGINAL fighters overall not the new one. So if I choose to be some1 other than GSP, my opponent doesnt have to match my new fighters overall. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Slackerz
OFC Blue Belt
OFC Blue Belt
Slackerz

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 pm

No offence but if u think bout it, what the guys said was true admin, now most fighters would revolve around the same people, its like in the LHW people will just keep choosing Machida, Forest, Etc...
If u ask me, this would just ruin the game for the champion cuz every week he would most likely keep fighting the same fighters..
This also would make choosing fighters be useless... I dunno bout u but with this rule change, it is kinda ruining the uniqueness of the league...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the League   Changes to the League - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to the League
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Online Fighting Championship :: Forum Archives :: Season I Archive-
Jump to: