Online Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Want To Be A Fu**ing Online Fighter?

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OFC Gaming league can now be found at www.ofcleague.com. This website is now a MMA News and Resource site, please bookmark www.mma-resource.com.

An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?

Go down 
+12
TerayonBR
Ge-Zus_
jessiejames4211
dueceloose
shadownero
thr331sinister(nostra)
J-RoC-2.0
John Stamos
mr big balls
Bearded Kongo
futureufc
Rizzo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mr big balls
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :
An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 am

jessiejames4211 wrote:
lol but fedor would be the biggest adatage over nay other fighter he sthe BEST IN THE WORLD LOL he unstopible Razz

we wouldnt make him overpowered, it still has to come to player skill. but yes expect fedor to be gsp like.
Back to top Go down
mr big balls
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :
An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 am

Madchal wrote:

Now back to the whole idea. I think we should be able to glitch it but to get accurate stats. I don't think there should be a minimum. Like, if I make an Iron Mike, my striking should be 95ish. I would even argue his striking being 100(more than 100 is a little unfair) I think we can all argue that Mike's striking should be fair better than both Bj Penn's(wtf why is his 92) and Marcus Davis(Iron Mike was WAY better boxer than Davis). And for the minimum I could see his ground grappling being very low along with his kicks. I could see both those dropping a tiny bit lower. This also stands for guys like Shinya Aoki. His Subs should be in the 92-95 zone..although..80 puts his subs at 92..which is nice.

I think if the "Board" agrees on the stats than it should be ok. And it should only be done for people who have been in the league a bit, and Hey, who knows the CAF's might actually be not so good, because the attributes can't be fully customized, so you're gonna have average attributes no matter what and the stats could not be so great or have extraordinary weakness(I.E Mike Tyson's takedown defense, submissions, and ground grapple) I volunteer to be on the board and I would also like to be Shinya Aoki if we do this to expand the league.

you cant pick your own guy, thered be a list, but a list that would be comprised from suggestions anf acceptance from the community

also we cant glitch them out to make it accurate, as glitch caf's wont be allowed online post-patch

Last edited by mr big balls on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
futureufc
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 am

I could see a CAF league which would add more work to Admin but he could get someone to do it
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Madchal wrote:
Ok...First of all, half the people in this thread didn't read the thread, which is silly.

Now back to the whole idea. I think we should be able to glitch it but to get accurate stats. I don't think there should be a minimum. Like, if I make an Iron Mike, my striking should be 95ish. I would even argue his striking being 100(more than 100 is a little unfair) I think we can all argue that Mike's striking should be fair better than both Bj Penn's(wtf why is his 92) and Marcus Davis(Iron Mike was WAY better boxer than Davis). And for the minimum I could see his ground grappling being very low along with his kicks. I could see both those dropping a tiny bit lower. This also stands for guys like Shinya Aoki. His Subs should be in the 92-95 zone..although..80 puts his subs at 92..which is nice.

I think if the "Board" agrees on the stats than it should be ok. And it should only be done for people who have been in the league a bit, and Hey, who knows the CAF's might actually be not so good, because the attributes can't be fully customized, so you're gonna have average attributes no matter what and the stats could not be so great or have extraordinary weakness(I.E Mike Tyson's takedown defense, submissions, and ground grapple) I volunteer to be on the board and I would also like to be Shinya Aoki if we do this to expand the league

Alright, Now I have an idea and hopefully admin reads and likes it. 2 leagues. One with the better players and one with new and the less good players. How will we decided which are the good players and who is in which league? Promotion and Relegation. After X number of weeks we'll promote and relegate Y number of players. Top Y# of players in League 2 get promoted to League 1. And The bottom Y# of players get relegated to league 2. This way 2 leagues with 2 sets of availible players. This not only solves our Limit problem but it automatically makes everything FAR more competitive. The contracts would have to be longer(like a season). The way fighters are picked would be based on record. We can have tiebreakers set up or whatever. So the guy with the best record or the highest ranked player(like the champions at the time) would get to pick their fighter first. Then so on and so on until the lowest guys are picked. The problem with this is you have the lowest ranked would be the newly promoted player and order to "fill the league up" they'd have be using some crap fighters like Eddie Sanchez or Nakamura. So low ranked guys aren't gonna be winning championships parasay but if they can keep up with players and not get relegated and continuously finish higher and higher, than their choice of fighter will get better and better. This would help solve our issue of fighter dropping early.

Yeah a few of us have suggested this type of idea with the 2nd (not as good) league being TOF that Admin just created. But yeah I like the idea of having a better league and a league for people who need improvement. As for people having to be Nakamura or Sanchez, the turnover rate should be huge so A LOT of fighters should open up on both levels after each "season". After each "season" of TOF or whatever you would take between 5-10 ppl from TOF league and put them in the OFC Championship league. Then take 5-10 ppl from the OFC league who are like 1-4 or 0-5 and put them in TOF league. Now you have an advanced league and a novice league and new users you have at least a dozen fighters to choose from in either league
Back to top Go down
Ravenous Rhinos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt
Ravenous Rhinos

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm not a Big fan of TOF tho..cause TOF assumes you aren't gonna be counting records.
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:52 pm

futureufc wrote:
I could see a CAF league which would add more work to Admin but he could get someone to do it

I completely agree. This would probably be too much for any one person to handle (maybe not, Admin is crazy) but he would appoint a "moderator" he trusts to make TOF cards and record results (like he did with ladder matches). The admin would still have the exclusive say in who gets promoted into the OFC and who gets demoted to TOF tho.
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Madchal wrote:
I'm not a Big fan of TOF tho..cause TOF assumes you aren't gonna be counting records.

yeah im just using the name "TOF" as an example for "league two" or "division two". Basically the league with less skilled players. Admin can call it whatever he wants.......TOF, WEC, PRIDE, Mortal Kombat, idc......
Back to top Go down
futureufc
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:21 pm

John Stamos wrote:
futureufc wrote:

I completely agree. This would probably be too much for any one person to handle (maybe not, Admin is crazy) but he would appoint a "moderator" he trusts to make TOF cards and record results (like he did with ladder matches). The admin would still have the exclusive say in who gets promoted into the OFC and who gets demoted to TOF tho.

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
Ge-Zus_
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 pm

futureufc wrote:

Yeah admin if we do this we shouod get a few people ( two or three ) to mannage the CaF leauge.
This whole summer i wont have much to do at all besides when me and family go camping and going to water parks. but if we end up doing this i wouldnt mind mannageing this with the help of a few members.

Me and friends always mess around with CaF's, make pure power fighters, no kicks no blocking, just all out punching eachother in the face! and body but still lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?   An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An idea I got for expanding the league, thoughts?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3