Online Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Want To Be A Fu**ing Online Fighter?

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OFC Gaming league can now be found at www.ofcleague.com. This website is now a MMA News and Resource site, please bookmark www.mma-resource.com.

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?

Go down 
+20
Underworld_Beast
Wayney_Boy
dwbri222
General_AK47
Tinerrz
bawx
rahliE
BiZkiT8u
futureufc
Illuminatus9
Z-O-N-A
psudynasty
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
J-RoC-2.0
xSiCaRx
danmckerrell1991
dueceloose
jessiejames4211
John Stamos
Rizzo
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rizzo
OFC Founder
Rizzo

WARNING :
Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Right_bar_bleue

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:23 am

Ok for those who havent noticed it seems the ps3 world know the OFC is the best place for league play in this game, we have 10-15 people a day registering on the site here but now we literally have no more fighters to give out. People who have signed up are being stuck with lower rated fighters and thus losing matches maybe they could have won. So Im throwing out three options and I want you all decide on how we are going to do things.

option 1: Keep things as they are, which will give us a max of about 75 members and keep this league an exclusive community.

option 2: Let people use whoever they want. When joining the player will pick a weightclass and then will fight exclusively for that class until their contract is up or achieve vet status. The way the fights will work is whoever has more seniority will get first pick of the fighter then the other guy gets second pick. I would limit each class to probably 25 ppl which puts the league at 125 members, also creates a lot more matchups and ppl having to win more then 2 fights before getting a crack at the title.

option 3: each fighter will be open to two people in every weight class, so in essense Anderon Silva could have 4 owners (LHW and MW 2 each). If the two members happen to fight each other, again seniority rules and the other picks someone else.

Please vote or if you have a better idea lets hear it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ofc-league.com
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :
Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:48 am

I think the unique thing about this site is that each user is linked to a particular fighter. It's cool how the Heavyweight rankings are: 1. Mir 2. Werdum 3. Gonzaga etc..... instead of a listing of peoples psn's. I think the Admin has made enough changes to the format to show that he is trying to adapt for everyones gaming pleasure but this would be changing the league format entirely.....

That being said I understand that expansion is the ultimate goal and I dont really have a better solution to offer besides making TOF that Admin just started as active and competitive as the OFC. That could expand the league by 32 fighters at least, unless you wanted to have them all pick one particular fighter like the OFC. If you did that then you could obviously expand to another 75-80 fighters. People who do good in TOF can earn OFC contracts and people who lose 3 or 4 in a row in the OFC can be placed in TOF until they earn their way back. I dont think people will be mad about being moved back to the TOF from OFC because it can be as active as the OFC and I think everyone on here just wants competitive fights with people who wont quit.
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:58 am

could always have 2 leagues ,, ufc and pride :O same rules apply for both ,, we all get indivudual guys ( cus thats sick ) and then paper views where are brillant admin picks the match ups ,, soo the ofc guys fight with in there own and the pride ( for example ) fight with in there own and once a month or every 2 weeks they meet up for a card ,, just a thoght ?

but deff keep that you are one fighter until soem one trades up or gets booted
Back to top Go down
dueceloose
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt
dueceloose

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:53 am

Well.. IMO I think it should stay the way it is but obviously it kant because they're runnin outta decent fighters sooo... i say we go with rule 2. But to keep it from gettin weird the champs of the klass keep who they won the title wit so it dont look weird that the champs fighter keep changin. If they lose then they kan pick who they choose...

From there I would agree wit Option pick who u want lol and we kan put our own avatars up cuz we're not representin.

My Vote - Option 2/3 lol i like the 3rd 1 too. lol!
Back to top Go down
danmckerrell1991
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 am

id vote for option 2, and if i can id like to claim forrest griffin now before any1 else can.
Back to top Go down
xSiCaRx
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
xSiCaRx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 am

I also like option 2 and 3, but I prefer 2. Or maybe do like J-Roc said in the GP, everyone choose three fighters, for example:

1) Rampage
2) Machida
3) Jardine

And if other guy chooses

1) Rampage
2) Machida
3) Franklin

The fight is Jardine-Franklin since their two first picks are the same. If I didn't explain it well, I'm sure J-Roc will do it properly xD
Back to top Go down
J-RoC-2.0
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
J-RoC-2.0

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:00 am

I think we should do where a user picks a weightclass and 2 guys in the weightclass. For example: i would pick Rampage/Rashad and if someone else would pick the same 2 guys, the one with the seniority picks who he wants to fight with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dime770mma
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 am

dats no better then wat we have now jroc, using ur example u want rampage and rashad i wud def want rashad as hes my best fighter so if someone higher den u picks rampage den u wud get rashad and once again i wud be stuck wit wats left, u see ma point it really isnt any diffent since im new 2 da site my "senority" is like 1,000,000 lol so no matter wat 2 fighters i chosse they wud keep getting picked up by ppl ahead a me and i wud be in the same situation im in now, kind forced 2 learn how 2 fight with a judo fighter, im praying that one of my 3 fighters i asked da admin opens up soon (highly doubtful) but still praying
Back to top Go down
J-RoC-2.0
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
J-RoC-2.0

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Twisted_Assasin, im saying like anyone in the LHW can be Rampage/Rashad. But for example: If I was scheduled to fight you and we both have Rampage/Rashad, i get the first option to pick who i want vs you because i have seniority. But for example all 15 users in the LHW division can be Rampage/Rashad, know what i im talking about?
Back to top Go down
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:02 pm

ohh ok i got u ma bad, dat was a better explanation, i get it, so if we both picked ramp/rashad and u picked rashad i wud have 2 use rampage rite
Back to top Go down
J-RoC-2.0
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
J-RoC-2.0

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Yup, but i wouldnt pick Rashad over Rampage so it'll be me as Rampage vs you as Rashad.

Do you think we should use that for the league? sounds good right?
Back to top Go down
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 pm

lol dat sounds great we have so many members and so few fighters it makes perfect sense dat way ppl dont get stuck wit like nakamura lol, so we wud be picking 2 fighters each from each WC rite??
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:34 pm

i say we just make 2 leages man ofc and pride wed get tons of more fights in people would get to pick new guys soo first come first serve soo since the league would be new u have the option to drop ur guys from the ufc leage and hop on the pride league ( first come first serve and then every two weeeks theres a card between ufc and pride ( can even make a new belt up if admin felt liek it, i hoenstly think thats the best way to keep theleague the same ,,
Back to top Go down
psudynasty
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt
psudynasty

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 pm

I like it the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:56 pm

I really like it the way it is ... Maybe 2 divisions ? Newbies can earn their way to the top division ... like WEC and UFC when they had overlapping weight classes.

This just gives the admin even more of an opportunity to build a stable of top class fighters. If we wanna claim this is a top league we need to trim the fat and cut second-class fighters or relegate them to the TOF tournament.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus9
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt
Illuminatus9

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I think if you want more members you should allow them to use the 75% CAF and who ever wants to use the UFC fighters keep ownership. If you think about it most people who play games where you can create yourself they do it. I really dont care if we keep it the same or not, we just wont have that many members cuz somewhere at some point and time things are going to become hard to manage cuz this person wants to fight with that fighter same as the other guy. Now if you really wanna see the skill level of all members tell them to make I career CAF and thats their fighter and then there cant be no bull involved in the membership. But this is just a thought I have CAF's and career CAF's that I like I fight how I am suppose to here.
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

CAF's are total BS right now i'm not fighting people who bring a cheat modified 119 rated CAF that would be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 pm

i agree wit arizona, and i really liked jrocs idea posted above
Back to top Go down
futureufc
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Maybe like one guy said have two leagues and have someone else run the other league so Admin doesn't get way bogged down
Back to top Go down
BiZkiT8u
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I say leave it the way it is or make the two different leagues(UFC and PRIDE or WEC). Each person having ownership of their own fighter is what makes this league.
Back to top Go down
rahliE
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
rahliE

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 pm

i really like it the way it is, but if we have to change it i like jroc's idea with picking 2 fighters and the person with senority gets first pick if the 2 have the same fighters chosen
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:39 pm

but thats changing the hole unique ness of the league i joined this league cus i thoght it was sicckkkk that everyone had to be one person whp cares ho wmany people come every one who WANTS to be inthe ufc isnt in the ufc ,, like i go stuck with a lower character ,, i just have to weight for some to lose there contract to get anther dude,, if we have 2 leagues tho then we can get another 70 guys in keep the same rule
Back to top Go down
bawx
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt
bawx

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Arizonas idea is the best imo. Keep it the way it is, but do 2 divisions. One division for the well established (and good records) and the other one for the new comers and those who are not as good as division 1 guys. And then if you're performing well you get to advance to div 1, and if you're not performing well in div 1, you drop down.
Back to top Go down
Tinerrz
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I like it how it is but what about doing a CAF league aswell to accomodate new fighters?
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:08 pm

lol go reed up that was my idea haah Razz i got ripped haha jp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next