Online Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Want To Be A Fu**ing Online Fighter?

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OFC Gaming league can now be found at www.ofcleague.com. This website is now a MMA News and Resource site, please bookmark www.mma-resource.com.

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?

Go down 
+20
Underworld_Beast
Wayney_Boy
dwbri222
General_AK47
Tinerrz
bawx
rahliE
BiZkiT8u
futureufc
Illuminatus9
Z-O-N-A
psudynasty
TWiSTED_ASSasiN
J-RoC-2.0
xSiCaRx
danmckerrell1991
dueceloose
jessiejames4211
John Stamos
Rizzo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tinerrz
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :
Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:26 pm

jessiejames4211 wrote:
lol go reed up that was my idea haah Razz i got ripped haha jp

U talking bout a CAF league? Cant see it mentioned in this thread...
Back to top Go down
psudynasty
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt
psudynasty

WARNING :
Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 90 / 9Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:50 pm

I would be down for ARIZONA's idea.
Back to top Go down
rahliE
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
rahliE

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:53 pm

yea that does sound like a good idea, have a div 1 and div 2 league, and ppl who are killing in div 2 get bumped up to div 1 and ppl who arent doing good in div 1 can get knocked down to div 2
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:01 pm

ya i really like my idea too Smile i would much rather have 2 divisions than pick any fighter we want ... Div 2 would be perfect for some of the lower skilled players here cuz they could actually have a chance to compete for a championship with players of similar skill, not have to run thru the BEASTS that are current contenders LOL
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:04 pm

i agree with this 100 percent .. but there have to be strict contracts soo peopel can move from league to league
Back to top Go down
rahliE
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
rahliE

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

u mean so ppl cant move from league to league right??? lol, i say if you go on like a 5 fight win streak and are dominating (1st rd wins) in div 2, u get bumped up to div 1 where theres more competition... if u go on say a 3 fight losing streak in div 1, u drop down to div 2 and have to fight your way back to div 1
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm

exactly, rahlie ... div 1 would be for da BEASTS and if u cant hang in div 1 rather than being dropped you could move to div 2 ... if you can't compete in div 2 then maybe u could be dropped from there ...
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:24 pm

exactly what i meen the only thing we have to think of is why would i want to go to the other league if i have a sick guy in divsion 2 ,, then go to div one and have soem oen i cant compete with lol ..thats why if you have 2 leagues and its like how ufc and pride was and hen do matches in the league like we do now then every 2 admin sets up fights between the 2 leagues ..liek iam sure there will be a few good guys who want a diff fighter and would be willign to go to the second divion to get it ,,
Back to top Go down
General_AK47
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
General_AK47

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm

I strongly like number 2!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/generalak47
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Yeah, my first post on the subject actually suggests the OFC and TOF(WEC is cool too) leagues that Zona is talking about: the idea of earning your way to the OFC but also being removed from the OFC for performance, only to participate in a competitive TOF league. Would definitely have to have a moderator or something for the 2nd division tho. Way too much to ask from Admin to come up with and track two OFC cards per week.

I also like the idea JesseJames had with 2 equal leagues. You had a good point. Why would you want to leave Div 2 (even if it is"weaker") if you have GSP in that league and when the only fighter available in the OFC is Eddie Sanchez?

I agree that the best part about this site is the uniqueness of each user having only one fighter and representing him as best he can....
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Saying that division 2 was "equal" to division 1 would be all fine and dandy but there are not 100 GREAT fighters here ... there are about 10 (imo) great fighters here and a bunch of other good fighters and sorry to say but there are some pretty weak fighters around here too that could use some lighter competition.

And, it would give a tough decision to some guys ... do u wanna keep stomping on scrubs w/ your superstar or do u wanna take a shot at the big boys with a less than stellar character? And who knows I'm sure good characters will be available in both leagues because there will always be turnover or if a weak guy uses a good character and gets demoted to Div 2 then a good character is available in Div 1 for one of those Div 2 superstars.
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 pm

You know what i mean......if the two leagues were ran equally as individuals then people wouldnt be concerned with "making it to the other league" it would just be more options for people to select top fighters. Cuz people wont stop complaining about their fighters.

I personally dont care. if you dont like your fighter then get better with him, do your 5 fight contract, and move on. Who cares if you go 2-3 in those 5 fights? Who cares if you don't win a belt the 2nd week your in the league? The dude that was Marcus Davis at the beginning was pretty good but he hated Davis. He stuck it out, took a 2-3 record and switched fighters. Whats so hard about that? I just think its funny how everyone new on the site won't play until Rashad Evans opens up......
Back to top Go down
Z-O-N-A
OFC Black Belt
OFC Black Belt
Z-O-N-A

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 pm

LOL when i signed up I really wanted Rashad too ! But i settled for Tyson Griffin and now i use him all the time in ranked matches and got the OFC LW belt Smile
Back to top Go down
John Stamos
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:03 pm

But I diverted from my original point in my first reply, which is I completely agree with you. 2 divisions, have one be OFC, one TOF. Players get promoted and demoted as Admin requests. Both will be competitive. Not EQUALLY competitive but i mean there will be EVEN MATCHUPS in both leagues that will make for intense fights. and like Zona said, there will be plenty of turnover each week between the two leagues I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
dwbri222
OFC White Belt
OFC White Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm

i like the 2 division rule as well, i think that solves most of the issues with expansion!!
Back to top Go down
Wayney_Boy
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt
Wayney_Boy

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 pm

I say stay the way it is or have two leagues, people sharing fighters is pretty lame to me unless it's like Asilva or Penn then that makes since, but other than that, stay the same...just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Underworld_Beast
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt
Underworld_Beast

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:55 pm

John Stamos wrote:
I think the unique thing about this site is that each user is linked to a particular fighter. It's cool how the Heavyweight rankings are: 1. Mir 2. Werdum 3. Gonzaga etc..... instead of a listing of peoples psn's. I think the Admin has made enough changes to the format to show that he is trying to adapt for everyones gaming pleasure but this would be changing the league format entirely.....

That being said I understand that expansion is the ultimate goal and I dont really have a better solution to offer besides making TOF that Admin just started as active and competitive as the OFC. That could expand the league by 32 fighters at least, unless you wanted to have them all pick one particular fighter like the OFC. If you did that then you could obviously expand to another 75-80 fighters. People who do good in TOF can earn OFC contracts and people who lose 3 or 4 in a row in the OFC can be placed in TOF until they earn their way back. I dont think people will be mad about being moved back to the TOF from OFC because it can be as active as the OFC and I think everyone on here just wants competitive fights with people who wont quit.

^This.^

My idea would be to literally open a new championship: you keep the current OFC roster the way it is with 75 fighters and you open a new one (OFC junior?) for 75 new players. Same rules, same way of ranking. From that point, you can decide if you want both championship to compete against each other or keep them exclusive. You could establish a rewarding system where successful OFC junior fighters can enter the OFC by taking the place of a less successful OFC fighter who would be sent to OFC junior. After a while, you would have the best players in the OFC and the promising youth in the OFC junior. Of course, there are many other ways to look about this, but I think this could be simple and effective.

I know it's a lot of work, I would be willing to help a little if the help needed is not too technical. Looking forward to hearing YOUR ideas!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UnderworldBeast1
Quickshot
OFC Purple Belt
OFC Purple Belt
Quickshot

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm

voting jrocs idea
Back to top Go down
tROUBLEsOME1
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 pm

pls dont change things!!! its good the way it is. if new members dont like the fighters that are up for grabs, then theyll just have to wait for someone to open up Smile i think the rules on activeness and maybe the time it takes to get your fights finished should be looked at Smile

should give everyone like 3 days to get there official fights done, if not then consider it AWOL and they lose there fighter, or something like that Smile youve given us alot already admin. no need to work double time to change the way this league runs!! noway. im here today because i love the way this league is running.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kaotikghost
General_AK47
OFC Brown Belt
OFC Brown Belt
General_AK47

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:23 pm

rahliE wrote:
yea that does sound like a good idea, have a div 1 and div 2 league, and ppl who are killing in div 2 get bumped up to div 1 and ppl who arent doing good in div 1 can get knocked down to div 2

I already suggested this in an earlier post..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/generalak47
Ge-Zus_
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 pm

rahliE wrote:

i agree with this also (i would be in div 2 though)

admin wrote:
option 3: each fighter will be open to two people in every weight class, so in essense Anderon Silva could have 4 owners (LHW and MW 2 each). If the two members happen to fight each other, again seniority rules and the other picks someone else.

i go with this idea admin, its a great way for this forum to grow.

+1 for this
Back to top Go down
xxLiGHTs-x_OUTxx
OFC Orange Belt
OFC Orange Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 am

i go with #2
Back to top Go down
jessiejames4211
OFC Yellow Belt
OFC Yellow Belt

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:19 am

let sbe hoenst heear every one go to the first page of this post i suggest ufc n pride ( 2 leagues Razz ) ahha you guys never give the new guys credit Razz haah .,,, number 2 is shit idea it will not be the same koo ofc the unique ness is that u have to werk ur way up with a shitty player like christ iam spencer fisher with a 46 over all cardio lol
Back to top Go down
Underworld_Beast
OFC Green Belt
OFC Green Belt
Underworld_Beast

WARNING :

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:54 am

jessiejames4211 wrote:
let sbe hoenst heear every one go to the first page of this post i suggest ufc n pride ( 2 leagues Razz ) ahha you guys never give the new guys credit Razz haah .,,, number 2 is shit idea it will not be the same koo ofc the unique ness is that u have to werk ur way up with a shitty player like christ iam spencer fisher with a 46 over all cardio lol

This. Give the new guy credit!

If everyone can pick the strongest fighter of each weight class, OFC loses it's uniqueness. I can't see a better way to show your skills than pick an average fighter and beat strong opposition with him. If you add a "seniority" rule over that, all the senior members will use it to get a grip of the top players and they'll keep them indefinitely. I say we keep the rules the way they are but we split divisions to get twice as many players. And when someone wants to switch fighter, there are two ways to go about it: he can trade with the player he chooses OR he picks any available player. No seniority rule, no restrictions. The owner of a player can ALWAYS choose to keep him after the 5 fights contract. We can add a "maximum number of contracts" rule with the same fighters to avoid fighters being unavailable all the time: let's say a maximum of 5 contracts with the same fighter (25 fights). When you fulfill your 5 contracts, you CAN choose a fighter whose owner is about to complete his 5 contracts and "reserve" him. A player on his 5th contract wouldn't be allowed to trade his fighter. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UnderworldBeast1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?   Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about changing the fighters, thoughts?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2